How To Benefit From Affordable Solar Energy
Government and utility incentive programs can drive down the cost of your solar installation by more than 50%* Here’s a list of current solar incentive programs available for New York and New Jersey residents:
Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit
The federal credit is upto 30% of your installation price
Solar PV Incentive Program Rebate
A grant from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) based on the size of your system.
Residential State Income Tax Credit
A personal income tax credit equal to 25% of your total costs up to $5,000.
Solar Renewable Energy Credit (SREC)
A tradable environmental commodity, which each representing 1000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of solar energy generated by an eligible solar renewable energy system.
* The tax, rebate and other incentive information is based on public information and should not be construed as tax or legal advice. This incentive may vary depending on individual circumstance and are subject to change without notice. Please read our Disclaimer for more information.
The Benefits Of Solar Energy Independence
- Solar combats global warming and lessens our dependence on fossil fuels.
- Solar puts more money in your pocket not the utility.
- You can lock in your rates and control your costs.
- 6 kW of solar eliminates over 10,000 pounds of CO2 from the atmosphere each year.
- Each kilowatt installed is equivalent to removing almost 2.3 cars from the highway.